Monday, August 13, 2012

Its a Sign...?

"The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self-Reliance," 1841
I went waking this morning.  Oh boy, was it difficult.  I missed my Friday walk due to an unaviodable midnight showing of "The Bourne Legacy" (Which was pretty awesome, by the way).  I had forgotten to turn my alarm back on and woke up about 10 minutes before I had to leave.  I made it with seconds to spare, but without having that extra time to get my body awake and moving.  I rushed out the door, jumped out of the car and joined the walk just as they were about to leave.  No streatching, no warm up.  No fun.  My ankles were killing me and didn't work themselves out until about mile 3 of a 4.5 mile walk.

Sunrise is slowly getting later and later and soon we are going to have to change the time of our walk.  Dawn comes shortly before we meet and sunrise is about 10 minutes after, so we still have plenty of light, but it's changing quickly,.

With the darker start, things are also much quieter.  Less people are already on the path.  The water is calm and clear. 

As we were walking and I was staring down at the ground as I breathed and prayed my aches and pains would work themselves out, I passed a piece of masking tape stuck to the walkway with my name on it.  What are the odds?  How did it come to be there?  And why?  Is it a sign?  Is the Goddess calling out to me?  Or is someone with my name just a littler bug?  The Great Questions of the Universe.

As we returned to our starting point, we found the grassy area by the parking lot, in our absence, had been invaded by geese.  It was quite a cacophony of sounds.  Geese don't attack people, do they?



No comments:

Post a Comment