Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm Feeling Better Now

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Raymond Chandler 


I'm feeling better now after my partial melt down yesterday.  Today after my walk I weighed myself again and I'm 213.6.  Not as good as last week but confirms my weight is still just fluctuating and not on it's way back up.  Thank God!

I also increased my walking distance this morning from 3.8 miles to 4.5.  (You gotta love GPS)  I am also considering adding a 4th day of walking.  The Saturday group had previously been meeting at the same place by the lake as the weekday group, but not until 8am.  I don't blame them.  I'd want to sleep in at least a little bit on Satudays, but by 8am the sun is up and it is well on its way over 100 degrees.  I am determined to lose weight, but not THAT determined.  But it appears the group has moved indoors to a local mall this weekend, so I may join them.  And maybe if they've moved in for the duration of the summer, I may add that as a regular walking day. 

We all know that weight loss isn't easy.  If it were no one would be fat.  Yet, when we start a new diet or exercise program or whatever, we are disappointed when the weight doesn' t just fly right off.  Or at least, I am.  But it took the better part of 15 years to get where I am now.  It is going to take a while to get back where I was.  (I just pray it isn't ANOTHER 15 years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment