Monday, August 27, 2012

Affaire de Coeur

"All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name." - Andre Breton

I have been having a love affair with the Eiffel Tower. 

I've been crossing paths with pictures of it all over the place lately and saving them.  Going back later to gaze longingly...










I went to Paris once in my early 20's.  I had no interest in Paris, or any part of France, for that matter.  I only went because my travel companion really wanted to go.

I fell in love.  I fell in love with the city and the people.  But, since it wasn't my part of the trip, my friend chose the places we visited and things we did.  She, like me at the time, wanted to stay away from the "tourist attractions".  So, much to my continuing regret, we took a pass on places like The Louvre, Champs-Elysees, and...La Tour Eiffel - The Eiffel Tower.

This is as close as we got:


Regrets.  Someday I'll go back to Paris and erase this particular regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment