Friday, August 23, 2013

Murphy's Law

"No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Unknown

I woke up this morning and got on my laptop and a program I had running had errored.  So I rebooted.  Then my email client wouldn't open it's file.  And I got a weird error.  Whenever I get a weird error, the first thing I do is run a virus scan.  43 infected files!

Cleaned those.  My email client still wouldn't open.  That is, of course, where all the originals of my travel confirmations were stored.  Found a repair program.  It actually worked and I was able to open everything up.

Take that Murphy.  You tried to get me, but I fought back!  

Of course, there are also redundancies and back-ups so things like this won't kill me, but it's the nice rare occasion when I don't have to use them.

24 hours and I'm off to the airport.


source: Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment