Friday, August 16, 2013

I Crossed My Legs!



"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny: they too, shape our ends." ~ Author Unknown


Does the title make me sound like a reformed slut?

Not that there is anything wrong with that, reformed or otherwise.

Unfortunately, that is not what I am talking about.

I ACTUALLY crossed my legs the other day.  I can't remember the last time I was physically able to cross my legs.  One day they were just too fat and I couldn't do it anymore.  I could cross an ankle over a knee but a full cross was impossible.

I was at a friend's, sitting in a chair chatting while I installed some software on her computer.  I shifted in the chair and crossed my legs without a thought like I had been doing it all along.  It took me several moments to realize the enormity of what I had done.

I still haven't dropped below 200 pounds, but it is proof positive that, while the actual loss is slow in coming, the weight is shifting as I eat healthier and move more.  My legs have apparently gotten much more svelte from all the walking.

I can't say how happy that one small accomplishment has made me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment