Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Road Trip: Atlanta: Part 3

"Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings." - Jane Austen

Things have been insanely busy lately so I'm very late in posting the last day of my road trip to Atlanta.

Day 2 in Atlanta, I got to spend all day with Susan.  We started with a hike in Sweetwater Creek State Park.  Or should I say we started with driving back and forth through Sweetwater Creek State Park trying to find the turn off to the trail head?

After several wrong turns, a useless gps and a very friendly park ranger, we finally fount it.  It was not a very long hike to an old ruin of a textile mill destroyed in the civil war.  It was not too hot, but extremely humid as it is wont to be in the summertime South.  I was standing in the shade, leaning on a railing taking pictures, barely moving with sweat running down my face and into my eyes, making it very hard to take pictures.  That didn't stop it from being beautiful.


After the hike, we stopped for burgers at Flip Burgers.  I think it was the fanciest burger joint I have ever seen.  We had lamb burgers, but you could get just about any burger you could possibly think of and several you never would have.  Absolutely delish!

That evening we went to the Gerogia Aquarium.  The lighting, while spectacular for fish tanks, was terrible for photography and they didn't allow any flash which would have just glared off the tanks anyway.  But I still got a few shots with my iPhone.  I just wish they had more turtles.







Then, a long drive back home the next day.  I'm glad I went, even if it was so short.  It was so fantastic to see Susan after such a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment