Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bibliophilia

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting."  - Henry David Thoreau

The temperature is supposed to be 108 today.  And unusually humid.  I hate the heat!  (So why am I living in Texas, right?)  In the Texas summer, I tend to move from air conditioner to air conditioner.  And as I have no place I need to be today...

Guilt free laziness. 

Comfortable couch, ice cold drink, an air conditioner.  And a stack of books.  What more could a woman want?  (Maybe a cool breeze and a hammock, or a storm and a cozy fire - sigh, one make's do with what one has)

On days like this, I love to revisit some of my favorite books.  Sometimes I'll pick one book to re-read, but often, I prefer to browse through and dip into many books to read and enjoy favorite passages and illustrations.

Today I've chosen to indulge in a stack of interior design and sensual living books.  Big coffee table books with lots of gorgeous photographs.

Todays pile consists of:

No comments:

Post a Comment