Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cedar Mountain Trail


"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in."  ~John Muir, 1913

I am seriously out of shape and its over 100 degrees.  So what did I decide to do on my day off?

HIKING.


I've actually been hiking several times in the area, but that was in winter when it was much cooler.  God, I hate the heat.


So.  Out of shape.  Way too hot.  And I realized once I got there, I forgot my hat.  Oh well.  The trail is mostly in the woods. 


Three quarters of the way down the balloon shaped trail, sweat running nonstop down my face and back, I realize the balloon portion of the trail takes me out of the woods and into open sunshine.  Great in winter.  Today...not going to happen. 
  

The many signs warning me to stay on the trail and beware of snakes didn't help either. 



I was perfectly happy to head back to my car and check this hike off my list.  Done (enough).



Now, I'm back in my air conditioning, slightly sunburnt, feeling healthy and quite happy to wait until fall for my next adventure in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment