Monday, May 19, 2014

Three Weeks...


...until my surgery.  I have a ridiculous amount of STUFF to do!

My parents are coming out to help me after the surgery, which is awesome of them, but I now have to clean my apartment until it shines...

I am not going to be able to lift ANYTHING for about 3 months.  That means no major grocery shopping.  So I'm trying to buy all the staples I'm going to need for the duration...I'm only 1/4 through my shopping list so far.

I won't be able to stand at a stove or counter for any length of time so I'm trying to pre-cook and freeze lots off meals I can reheat easily.  (I have a feeling I'm going to end up with more Healthy Choice and Chef-Boy-R-Dee!)

Moving things around - the microwave I'm going to be reheating all these pre-cooked meals currently sits on top of my refrigerator.  No lifting anything (including my arms) over my head...

And the list goes on and on.

I love living alone but on occasion it can be a pain.

I like to be as prepared and self-sufficient as possible, but I'm a lucky person to have friends I can call on for assistance in a pinch.

One thing to be said for the stress of trying to get everything done...

...it is generally overshadowing my fear of the surgery.

"Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings." ~Jane Austen




No comments:

Post a Comment