Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Road to Surgery

"You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas." ~Shirley Chisholm


I don't know if the pain in my neck has gotten worse since I started seeking new treatment, or my tolerance for the pain is significantly decreased.   But it's getting harder and harder to get through the day.


It apparently takes quite a while for my herbal tea to build up in my system enough to work on the pain and I will have to stop it again not too long from now, so I can expect no relief from that quarter.  

Yet I don't want to be dependent on painkillers, especially since said painkillers seriously mess with my head.  I can either spend the day in pain or be pain-free and unable to think properly.

Patience has never been a virtue I possess.  I hate waiting.  I have just under 3 weeks left to wait.  Now that I have made the decision to go through with the surgery, I just want to get it over with and know if it worked.

Sigh. 

I guess I'm really up on my Soapbox today.  The pain made me do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment