Friday, May 2, 2014

Surgical Solution

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~Albert Einstein,

Hot Doctor sent me to a Neurosurgeon (Hot Shot Doctor, hehe).  At first, Hot Shot Doctor was very discouraging of the possibility of surgery.  He asked me what other treatments I had tried and suggested trying them again.

Not being insane, I wasn't too keen on doing things that didn't work over again.  Physical therapy was months of (not cheap) appointments several times a week that, while they did some good in the short term - think hours - in the long run they were completely unsuccessful.  I didn't really like the idea of wasting that much time on something so completely unhelpful...again.

So he sent me for a series of x-rays requiring my neck and shoulders to be twisted this way and that, and hold....keep holding... 

OUCH!

After reviewing the x-rays, he finally decided the surgery MIGHT help.  Probably not completely but possibly a significant reduction in pain levels.


18 year of pain, slowly getting worse...I'll take it.

I have to finish up some projects at work (my real job) before I can take the time off, so it will be about a month or so before I can actually do the surgery.

The worst part is the recovery.  THREE MONTHS(!!!) to full recovery.  Don't lift anything, including my arms, over my head.  And no photography..........

This better be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment