Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Life in Bullet Points

“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Bill Watterson quotes (American Author of the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes)
  • I went to shoot bluebonnets recently and realized that the lack of sharpness in my photograps over the last few months is NOT a result of bad user technique (thank god), but a problem with the auto-focus on my camera.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Its hard to tell from a tiny picture, but blow it up and it's completely blurry

  • Its great to know my photography is not getting worse, but a repair bill from Nikon is not what I needed at the moment.

  • Lord knows when Nikon will complete the repair and ship my camera back so I'm now experiencing serious photographic withdrawals.  All I have to take photos with is my iPhone and a little digital point-and-shoot.

  • I still get reminders every now and then that I am not a professional photographer yet.  I don't quite have the mindset.  When I was taking the above photo, I parked across the street and was crouching down in the tall grass.  A cop drove by and stopped to check out my car  (he couldn't see me).  My first reaction SHOULD have been to snap a photo.  I didn't even think of it until he drove away.  (Very nice guy, I have to report.)  Oh well.  It will come.

  • I added another interval to my run today.  I am up to six.  Give it another month and I'll be able to move on to week 2! :)

  • The pain in my ankles when I run has not completely gone away, but, barring a few relapses, its significantly decreased.

  • Maybe a year from now, when I've completed this 8 week course, they will actually have strenthened up a little bit.

  • I mentioned before I have started using twitter.  I'm actually up to maybe 2 tweets a week, which is fantastic for an anti-social loner like me!  My twitter handle is @remmarkphoto if anyone is interested.

  • The springtime wildlife is out in force at the lake.  I got a few shots with my iPhone.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Cute little bunny down for it's morning drink from the lake
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
A Yellow Headed Blackbird passing through on it's way north
  • I finally got my new car!!!  My poor 16 year old Honda Civic was dying a slow and painful death and deserved to be put out of my misery.  It was a good car and I was sad to give it up, but now I have a nice shiny new (used) CR-V that I have been lusting after for several years now.

  • Isn't there a rule that you have to take a new car on a road trip?

  • I'm planning to visit a friend in Georgia. :)

  • I just pray my camera will be back in time or I'll be shooting with a Cannon PowerShot.  How embarrassing!

  • It's weird.  Once you actually accomplish a major goal, you kind of have that feeling of, "What now?" 

  • Time to look at that list of things to do in my life, pick the next thing to work on and get cracking. 

  • Maybe that should be to start my photography business...for real, legally speaking.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment