Sunday, June 23, 2013

Road Trip: Atlanta Part 1

"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same." - Elbert Hubbard

Remember I remarked before about my physical handicaps?  One of the results is that I cannot spend more than 6 hours in a car without experiencing pain.  Yesterday, I spent 13 hours in my car!  13!

It was bad.  I drove through 4 states to visit an old friend who moved to Atlanta.  I've never been there before.  I just got a new car and a new camera, both of which NEEDED a test drive.  And I haven't seen my friend in several years.

So I hit the road.  The only problem is, I only had a few days off and I wanted to spend as much of it with my friend as possible so...13 hours in a car, no stopping halfway for a hotel room and a rest.

I planned to go running this morning because I didn't have a chance to run all week.  (I was in training class for work all last week so - no time for running)  But I'm in so much pain this morning, I can barely move.  So much for running.

But, despite the pain, it was a beautiful drive.  I miss being on the road.  I got to see the Mississippi River and two states I haven't been to before.  AND, I get to see my friend, which is the best part.

So, I'm off today to go see some Atlanta history and play with my new camera.  I'll share some more later.

Quick pics snapped out the car window with an iPhone:
 







(I'm so bummed I missed getting the Georgia sign)

No comments:

Post a Comment