Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Target

"Birds are a miracle because they prove to us there is a finer, simpler state of being which we may strive to attain." - Doug Coupland

Yesterday, I went to Shaw's Cove in Laguna Beach.  I grew up here, but I don't think I've ever been there before.  Like 1000 Steps, you have a long staircase to traverse to get to the beach (58 steps, with camera gear, ugh!).  Its a small cove often used for scuba classes but I was mostly alone and company was few and far between.  It was a very low tide so a perfect time to check out the tide pools.







 
 
Today, I indulged in a couple of my Orange County favorites. First stop, A's Burgers for some fried zucchini with ranch dressing and a root beer. These are not your ordinary fried zucchini. A's slices them long ways and they are long sticks of fried gushy goodness, dripping in ranch.

Conveniently, the second is right down the street.  I love to go to the jetty at Dana Point Harbor.  It's so peaceful and usually attack free.  Except this time.  I took my yummy zucchini and went out to the jetty to sit on a bench and watch the waves.  I was just about to put a zuccini in my mouth when a sea gull swooped down and tried to steal it from me!  Right out of my mouth!  Bonking me on the head with it's wing for good measure.  Cheeky bugger!  It didn't get it, but at that point I didn't want it any more so I threw it into the air and the bird caught it before I could blink.  Wow.

Then, suddenly, there were two gulls.  Then four.  Then seven.  And more coming.  Ummm.  Yeah.  I finished my zucchini in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment